as I’ve mentioned before, i’m going to need to seriously adjust my lifestyle if I want to make this whole law school loan thing work out.
things that currently aren’t helping the situation:
1) deciding to buy a new (yes, NEW as in 2011) car. excuse me, seattle –> Midwest requires four wheel drive duh
2) opening new capital one venture card – with an annual fee (hey, i’ve had three credit checks run on me in the last two weeks anyway– the apartment I put a deposit down on ran one, the car loan company, and whoever does grad PLUS loans…)- now I know I have amazing credit, why not ruin it by continuing with all of the inquiries?? ha . whatever, i have to furnish an entire apartment. i’ll buy everything on the card, get a free plane ticket to visit my partner in crime sjblawgs and then pay it all off as soon as I get my refund check
3) purchasing my new necessary marc jacobs bag to carry all my huge casebooks
4) learning about the website modcloth
Things I still NEED:
1) a pretty new filofax. how am i supposed to remember all my ish if i have some stupid paper planner that’s falling apart from overuse?
2) the contents of an entire apartment (don’t even get me started. i will make a complete list on here someday soon so i can brace myself for the copious amounts of money i am about to give to ikea && crate && barrel)
3) a couple more law school related books i probably won’t have time to read before school starts anyway on account of the fact that school starts in 52 days and there are tooooo many other things to do before then. like, for example, enjoy life while i can
4) crossbars && a soft duffel for cargo for my new car (so i can bring as much stuff as possible with me on the road trip to law school!!)
things i need to STOP doing:
1) buying chai and a bagel every morning at seattle’s best (that’s like $7 a day!!)
2) going to the flagship Nordstrom store on my lunch breaks
3) buying things i don’t need.
it sounds so simple when i put it like that. stop.buying.things.you.don’t.NEED. no more magazines (like seriously, if i’m buying magazines, i’m getting a subscription. i paid $5 for a magazine today that costs $20 for a two year subscription!! insanity) no more unnecessary snacks during the day. YOU DON’T NEED TWO SMOOTHIES A DAY, LULU. learn to like coffee. it’s cheap && you can make it at home!! it really must be an acquired taste. i haven’t acquired it yet.
need v want, people. let’s try this for a week and see how it goes. i’ll report back. <3